Anthropoid welcomes submissions to our second issue, on the theme of FOLK.
Folk will consist of general submissions as well as several mini-folios. Submit to the section whose mating dance calls to you. Closes November 30th. Submissions for Folk and Anthropoid are now closed.
For updates on our reading process, follow us at @anthropoid_co.
Issue 2 Guidelines
- All submissions to Issue 2: Folk must follow these and our usual guidelines, found here. Please do so to ensure your submission will be read!
- Our themes and tastes are quite broad, so we look forward to your interpretations! Please do read our first issue to get a feel for the magazine before submitting.
- For writing, please limit to 3-5 poems, or 2-3 microfictions or prose poems, or 1 short story or essay. We will only consider submissions to one genre for this issue. For the genres which allow multiple pieces, you may submit the included works to whichever themes you choose (see below for examples of how to format). These are strict limits so that our staff is not overworked and can dedicate to you a thorough reading.
- For art, please submit 3-7 pieces (or contact us about longer series work). For most art & photography we accept previously published work. For photo-essays and hybrid work, please limit to 2, or follow our writing length limits as closely as possible in the closest genre (2-3 microfictions, 1 essay if it resembles a long essay, etc.).
- As a collective, Anthropoid also welcomes new work from our previously published authors. If you are an author previously published in Issue 1: Fauna and would like to contribute further, please send along work at any time for consideration. We’re invested in those we publish, in making this a lively space for their future work, and in expanding our family.
- Questions can be directed via email or our facebook page.
Formatting Your Submission
- Please include a genre category, and any appropriate theme categories, as listed, in the subject line of your submission email.
- Genres: fiction or microfiction, poetry, nonfiction, visual (art & etc.), or other. (Please only use ‘other’ if the submission truly will not fit into any of the previous genre categories.)
- Themes: Barfolk, Folklore, Kinfolk, or General. (Your submission may be looked at for multiple categories or additional/other minifolios as the issue develops, but give us an idea of where to start.)
- Please also include “submission” in your subject line.
- Examples: “Barfolk poetry submission,” “microfiction submission Kinfolk and Folklore,” “General nonfiction submission”
- Please include a short bio / cover letter in the body of the email.
- Attach files in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format; art may also be submitted in .jpg, .gif, or .png.